Our innovative hybrid cinema events give you virtual access to our live engagement!
If you can’t join us in person at the Victoria Event Centre in Victoria BC, join the conversation via social media!
In addition to the LIVE webcast of our post-screening discussions, we also have live moderated discussions via both Twitter and Facebook at the same time. It’s a dynamic online engagement thread to the conversation being webcast to the world.
The filmmaker and hand-picked topic specialists are our virtual guests on Twitter, providing you a rich hybrid (live+virtual) engagement experience, accessible from anywhere in the world. Our Twitter ‘tweetchats’ have a reach of up to 120,000 people (according to hashtracking.com). You can also engage via our event specific Facebook groups. We also publish a Storify after each event, which serves as an archive of the hybrid event. Contact us if you’d like more information.
The Twitter hashtag for each event is different: Find out what the hashtag is by checking our website or tweeting @opencinema.
- Your one-stop-shop for online engagement is www.opencinema.ca/LIVE
- Connect the Docs post-screening discussions are webcast live via our USTREAM account: watch and listen to the live conversation while tweeting.
- You don’t need a Twitter account to watch the conversation unfold, but you will need one to directly contribute to the conversation
- A useful tool for participating in Twitter chats is www.Tchat.io Just connect your Twitter account, add the event hashtag and start sending tweets!
- If you don’t have or don’t want a Twitter account, you can participate via our specially created Facebook group.
- To ask questions or make comments, use the event hashtag
- To view the discussion, search for the event hashtag or scroll through the embedded Twitter feed below
- When responding to a tweet, use ‘reply’ to keep the conversations threaded
- The OPEN CINEMA Twitter chat team helps moderate the chat
- If you have a question or comment about OPEN CINEMA, contact us via email, phone or twitter: @opencinema
We look forward to tweeting with you!