Volunteers Make the World Go Round!
This post published on August 24, 2012
We have an amazing team of volunteers that keep coming back season after season to help make our community event happen.
We love our volunteers!
If you’re interested in getting involved with OPEN CINEMA, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities to consider:
- Postering – once a month, we have 50 posters and handbills that need to circulate through town. Time commitment: 3-5 hours once a month.
- Social Media support – we have active Twitter and Facebook pages. If you’d like to help engage our online community, we can discuss your availability.
- Website support – our new website is based on WordPress, so if you have WP smarts, we’d love to hear from you. Time commitment: 2-6 hours/month
- Event support – our most popular volunteer position! Help at the box office, serving food, greeting audiences, setting up etc. Time commitment: 2-6 hours per month.
- Tech support – if you have audio and or multi-media experience, we would like some support with audio/video and livestreaming. Time commitment: 2-6 hours per month.
- Admin support – we have a variety of simple office and admin tasks that we need help with from time to time. Time commitment: Let’s discuss!
Our little program – “one of Victoria’s most successful cultural enterprises” (MIchael D. Reid, Times Colonist April 2011) – depends on volunteer support and we have a dedicated team of creative individuals who return time after time to offer their time and energy. If you’d like to discuss joining our fun loving team, please contact Catlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-381-4428.
We look forward to seeing you during another great season of thought-provoking films and community discussion. Thanks for your ongoing support!
Leave a Reply